Happy Black Friday, everyone! Whether you’re planning to hit the stores today or to just relax at home with family and friends, we hope you’ll take some time to read through the blogs we’re linking to today. Each post brings a slightly different perspective on the Thanksgiving holiday.
Around the Blogosphere
- “The Art of Celebration” – from boundless.org. Do you practice carefree celebration? Blogger Richard Foster discusses celebration from the words of Paul and Christ.
- “Are You Thankful for Work?” – As Susan DiMickele points out, work is not often at the top of our list of things to be thankful for.
- “A hand to hold on Thanksgiving: Learning joy through gratitude” – Kyria blogger Beatrice Rusu says much of her energy goes toward fretting about the future. Can you be thankful when life is uncertain?
- “A Smarter Way to Do Black Friday” – Dave Ramsey’s daughter Rachel Cruze offers seven practical tips for spending your Christmas gift budget wisely this year.
- “The First Real Thanksgiving” – Author Ann Voskamp, writes about the first place “thanksgiving” is mentioned in the Bible. No one receives the peace of God without giving thanks to God.
Remember Work, Love, Pray on your gift lists
With the Christmas shopping season now in full swing, we wanted to take a moment to remind you that all proceeds from the sale of Diane’s book go to fund the 4word ministry. Work, Love, Pray would make a great gift for any working woman (or man!) on your gift list this Christmas season.
We’ll be back to our “regularly scheduled programming” with a work-themed week on the blog.
Monday: We’ll hear from Diane.
Tuesday: We’ll continue with week 3 of our online book club, on chapters 7 – 9 of Work, Love, Pray.
Wednesday: We’ll interview Bonnie Wurzbacher, senior vice president at Coca-Cola. Bonnie is currently on a special assignment to roll out the company’s “5 by 20” initiative that seeks to economically empower 5 million women in developing countries by 2020.