Spring is officially here! Before you start spring cleaning, enjoy this week’s crop of favorites from around the web.
- WIN: Hailey Humphries opened last week’s Friday Faves email, and we took notice! Hailey was the randomly drawn reader who won a copy of Work, Love, Pray. Sign up for 4word emails at bit.ly/4wordemails and open Friday Faves and you will be entered to win a surprise giveaway!
- INSPIRE: Secrets from Dallas Serial Entrepreneurs: Lisbeth McNabb, a 4word board director (and mentor to 4word digital team) is featured in the Dallas Business Journal. Learn how she trades on her strengths in a unique way.
- GO: Diane Paddison will interview Lopez Lomong – Sudan Lost Boy, Olympian, author, and former house guest – on stage at the Portland Prayer Breakfast, March 29.
- RESEARCH: Why the spike in working mothers who prefer to work full time?
- READ: Do you live to work? Or work to live? JB Wood reflects on Erin Callan’s New York Times op/ed reflecting on her one-dimensional life as Lehman Bros. CFO. It’s a fine line, people.
- VOLUNTEER: Test drive a new career with tips from Harvard Business Review.
- “When Leaning In Isn’t Enough” —Her.meneutics.com posted Diane Paddison’s article this week. Read what topic Sheryl Sandberg doesn’t cover in her book, Lean In – and dig deeper when you read Work, Love, Pray.
- “Do We Have Too Many Options?” —Ashley Boyer writes on Boundless.org about what it takes to commit in a culture that worships limitless choices.
- “When Adventure Doesn’t Follow My Lead” —Ever felt like waves were crashing over you? Caitlin Muir shares how “adventure made in the image of God is the truest form of living there is.”
A Pinterest Find
Need to add basics to your wardrobe? Here’s a list of must haves for every woman.